Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Snow Leopard

At long last I finally have a bit of time to update to my current painting - The Snow Leopard. I have been looking forward to painting a snow leopard for over a year, since I started painting the Big Cats and I was so blessed when a wonderful couple came into the gallery and commissioned my snow leopard. I have been working on it for a few weeks now, including a week to do all prep and drawing. I was interrupted for 7 days when I was away on a ski trip in Utah, but came back so refreshed that I have been able to pour my energy into painting this rare and beautiful creature! I have been working from a variety of different photographs taken by Anita Erdmann. So here are 2 progress shots so far, and more to come in the next week or two...

P.S: the photograph taken seems a little dull in comparison to the painting, not capturing the vibrancy of an underlying yellow in the fur.



No comments:

Post a Comment